The St. Mark’s Chapel Then….
The original Chapel, built in 1948, had a much larger interior space. It could seat roughly 200 people, had a small choir loft and custom pews. It was one of the main worship services for many years.
the st. mark’s chapel now
In 1992, the Chapel was shortened. The front was removed, and the archway became the new exterior wall. The Rose window was relocated into the new wall. Stained glass windows were moved from one of the side chapels in the main Church and into the Chapel.
By LeeAnne McDermott