Our Rector, Rev. Matthew McDermott is the President of the Episcopal Chaplaincy at Stanford.
In this season of giving, the Episcopal chaplaincy at Stanford asks for your prayers and your financial support. Though the Episcopal chaplaincy has struggled to be viable, we are happy to say our new chaplain Dr. Travis Stevens is part-way through his second school year at Stanford. This year has brought several new faces to the student group Travis works with: ELCM, the Episcopal Lutheran Campus Ministry, but we need your help to continue this important work.
In this season of giving, please consider supporting the work of our chaplain and the student group.
Why give to the chaplaincy? Isn’t Stanford wealthy?
- The university does not contribute any funds to pay our chaplain, so it’s up to us to fund that salary and to support student activities like Bread and Belonging.
- Campus ministry reaches young adults, a key demographic for securing the future of the Episcopal Church. Your gift is an investment in the church’s present and future leadership.
The chaplaincy supports two weekly programs:
- a Wednesday night program called Bread and Belonging, where students gather for food and fellowship, and engage in any number of activities: a prayer bead making workshop, compline, a discussion on the big theological questions, and a board game night are just a few of our programs from the fall quarter.
- a new Midday Peace service featuring stations with spiritual practices and live music on Thursdays at 12:10pm at Memorial Church. All are welcome!
Stanford Canterbury needs your support:
- Monthly financial contributions
- One-time gifts
- Prayer for our ministry
- Planned giving
- Serving on the board. We are looking for fundraisers in particular – do you know other Episcopalians who support campus ministry? Could you host an event? Make an announcement in church?
- Cooking and joining us for Bread and Belonging on Wednesday nights
To make a financial contribution online, go to: https://www.zeffy.com/en-US/donation-form/a9748afa-2081-4005-985e-90ba1fddc018
Use your phone camera to access our fundraising website via QR code:
You can contact the chaplain, Dr. Travis Stevens, at firstname.lastname@example.org; you can reach the president of the board, Rev. Matt McDermott, through this form: https://saint-marks.com/contact/