Hi St Mark’s folks!
On behalf of the outreach commission Carla Bliss and I would like to invite you to an outreach volunteer opportunity on 5/13 from 9:30-12:30 (may end early). We have the chance to support a wonderful organization called Bay Area Furniture Bank in Sunnyvale (www.bafb.org) whose mission is to purchase and really to re-purpose needed furniture for families and individuals moving from homelessness to housing. This is such a critical part of helping people stabilize as they move into housing and a chance to hear more about issues of homelessness in Santa Clara County.
We will be going to the warehouse in Sunnyvale and will be doing an assortment of tasks including some that are below. It will depend a little on the needs of the day but it will be some combination of what is listed.
If you are interested in participating, please RSVP to me by May 8th and I will provide the address and more information. We will limit this to 15 volunteers, ages 12 and over. For more info about BAFB, check out the website at www.bafb.org or email me with any questions.Thanks!
Katie and Carla
- Break down cardboard and placing cardboard, Styrofoam and trash in recycle bin
- Build furniture (couch, nightstands, coffee tables, desk,
- dressers etc), no experience needed!
- Clean all furniture items (machine or by hand)
- Organize donated kitchen items/ 2 offices
- Make donation box for clients of kitchen/household items
- Inventory count on all furniture items